For many parents, planning becomes a big part of trying to conceive a child. Depending on many factors like schedule conflict, travels, and other plans that get in the way, many women use an ovulation kit to give them and their partner the best chance of conceiving.
By measuring levels of LH in your urine, the test helps you determine the best time to become pregnant. With many options on the market, how can you know what the best ovulation test for you is?
To help, we did some shopping for you and compiled a list of our 10 Best Ovulation Tests in 2020 to help narrow down the options. Hopefully, one of these products will help you start your family and have your bundle of joy in your arms sooner.
How To Choose An Ovulation Test – Buying Guide
When we set out to make a list of the 10 Best Ovulation Tests in 2020, we wanted to make sure that each one met a certain set of criteria so you can be assured that these tests measure up to our standards.
Ease of Use
Ovulation test kits that work the best are easy to use and understand. Given the fact that you are already stressed about catching your fertility window, they should operate easily so that you can get your result a soon as possible.
A quality ovulation kit can make you feel more confident when taking it. A lower quality, on the other hand, may result in inaccurate results. A good test is made from sturdy materials that won’t fall apart while being used. You don’t want to get messy when you are dealing with urine even it is yours!
Number of Test Strips
For some people, getting pregnant is easy while for some others, it might take months even years to conceive. We have tried to choose the brands that offer a numerous amount of test strips so that you have plenty of them in your hand to take as much as you need to without going to the drugstore.
Once you have decided on the right ovulation test stripes for you, make sure that you check the expiration date on the package before buying. Some stores may not be vigilant about rotating expired stock out and you may find an expired one every once in a while.
Different types of Ovulation Tests
There are different kinds of tests on the market that can help you determine your most fertile days.
- Fertility Monitor: To help women keep an eye out for signs of fertility, a fertility monitor checks whether you are ovulating by analyzing a sample for LH and estrogen hormone levels. This can give you a six-day window to try and conceive. Many other tests only provide you with 24 to 36 hours of advance prediction.
- Predictor Kits: Typically used by both collecting a sample and dipping a test strip into a cup or midstream, this type is the most common choice of women. They can easily be found at any drugstore.
- Saliva Tests: An alternative to women who do not want to deal with urine sticks; saliva tests do the math by the estrogen surge in the saliva. By using an eyepiece that is included in the package, you look for a distinct pattern in your saliva sample. A positive result will resemble frost on a windowpane.
Q: How soon after a positive ovulation test do you ovulate?
A: Most women ovulate within the next 12-36 hours after seeing a positive result on ovulation kits. This means that you can start making love on the day you get your positive result and on the following 3 days.
Q: When should I take an ovulation test?
A: It is recommended to start taking it a few days before your midway point.
Menstrual cycle changes from woman to woman, therefore days can vary. For example if your cycle is 28, it is recommended to use the test on the 10th and the 11th. We also recommend reading the instructions carefully as to how do ovulation tests work might change from brand to brand.
It is also important when you take your urine sample. LH is synthesized in the body early in the morning, therefore it won’t appear in your urine until afternoon.
Q: Why are my ovulation tests always negative?
A: There might be a few reasons why you always get a negative result.
- The luteinizing hormone peaks for a short period of time and you might have missed it
- Stress, unusual climate change, sudden weight changes, and intense physical activity affect fertility cycle
- If you have a long cycle, you might have done the test too early
- You might have performed the test incorrectly or have not followed the instructions carefully
Q: Can you conceive 2 days before ovulation?
A: Yes, you can get pregnant 2 days before your body releases the egg.
The reason is that the sperm will have enough time to go up the fallopian tubes to meet the egg. See, it is not always bad to arrive at the party early!
Q: How do I know if I’m ovulating?
A: Your body undergoes a lot of changes during the fertility period.
The signs of an egg release are positive test strips, the increase in the quality of your cervical mucus, sexual desire, fertile cervical position, basal body temperature, tenderness in breasts, saliva ferning pattern, and finally having Mittelschmerz Pain.
Q: How accurate are ovulation tests?
A: If you follow the instructions carefully, it works 99% accurate.
On the other hand, this does not mean that egg is actually released a day or two later. There is no exact science in that. Some women even experience a rise in the LH hormone without releasing an egg.
Q: What are the benefits of ovulation test?
A: For a lot of women, the benefits of using ovulation test stripes can outweigh trying to get pregnant without a plan.
- Convenience: Taking a test at home or any place of your desire offer any woman the benefit of convenience compared to the alternative of having to see a doctor.
- Cost: A big benefit when it comes to taking home ovulation tests is the cost. Typically inexpensive, depending on the different features that are put into the test by the manufacturer, you may pay a little more. Despite this, all tend to work in the same manner regardless of the added features.
- Comfort: Going to a doctor’s office can make some women feel very uncomfortable. A take-home ovulation test stripes let you take a test in the comfort of your own home and unlike a clinical test, which can take some time to get the results, you get your result in a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Planning: One of the biggest benefits of a home ovulation test is that it gives hopeful parents a way to plan. Being able to plan ahead can help result in a successful conception and pregnancy.
My Babies Planet Overview
The journey of conceiving is a rewarding experience just as raising your baby for the first time. As soon as you have decided to become a family, planning ahead and knowing the right time to try can be a big help and that’s exactly why ovulation tests are designed in the first place. We hope that our selections in the list of 10 Best Ovulation Tests in 2020 support you throughout this amazing journey.
More Baby Reviews:
- Baby Swaddle Blankets
- Pregnancy Movies
- Pregnancy Books
- Baby Diaper Bags
- Baby Onesies
- Baby Cribs
- Prenatal Vitamins
- Pregnancy Tests
- Pregnancy Stretch Mark Creams
- Belly Bands Maternity Belts
- Pregnancy Pillows