Now that your precious baby has arrived, you will spend hours holding her in your arms, and unless you have superpowers, you will eventually get tired. In these moments, a nursery glider will come to your rescue whether for a nap or to enjoy a cup of coffee to wake you up.
The benefits of nursery gliders are countless from reducing muscle strain to conserving your strength. But as you start shopping around for a nursery glider, you will notice that there are a lot of different options out there on the market. This can get a bit confusing and you may start to ask what the best nursery glider out there is.
With our list of the 10 Best Nursery Gliders in 2020, we hope that we can help you find the best baby glider for you and your little one.
How To Choose The Best Nursery Glider – Buying Guide
The list of the 10 Best Nursery Gliders in 2020 was not an easy task. With several options on the market, compiling the winners for the best glider for a nursery took research in detail. While choosing, we set up certain criteria to narrow down the results for you.
When you choose a glider for your nursery, you want it to last. Considering the fact that you will be spending a lot of time sitting on it, the construction should not disappoint. In addition, your baby will be with you, which makes durability even more critical. Choosing a glider for your nursery that is made with materials such as steel and high-quality wood will keep you from worrying.
The best chair for nursing should come with comfortable cushions. If you are comfortable where you sit, you will be able to feed your baby more easily without experiencing physical pain. An uncushioned chair, on the other hand, will hinder you from enjoying your moments with your baby with whom you have been looking forward to meeting such a long time.
Reclining Glider Back
Sitting straight up can hurt your lower back and can also make your baby uncomfortable while nursing. At the wrong angle, your baby may not even be able to breastfeed. The best nursing chairs are able to recline to the right angle and those who give you the full control to adjust according to your preference.
Comfortable Arm Rests
Gliders with comfortable armrests are a must-have for parents who will definitely spend a long-time nursing, soothing and cradling their children for long periods of time. Your baby can get heavy overtime and with a good pair of comfortable armrests, you can conserve your strength well.
One of the must-have features of the best glider for nursery is a high back. A high back can help you relax much easier by giving you a place to rest your head while your baby is nursing or being burped. Nursery gliders with a wide seat, on the other hand, give you the option to use a nursing pillow comfortably so that your little one can nurse more effectively. An ottoman helps you relax more as well as a padded footrest.
Rocking chairs differ from one another also by the materials they are constructed from. Some use linen and velvet while some use polyester, which has different cleaning instructions. There are also color choices like mocha, grey, with or without stripes, or pink. The market offers several style choices for you depending on the decor of your house or space you have in the nursery. Some chairs have more modern lines while some keep their more traditional looks reminding us of the one, we used to sit on our grandparents.
Q: What are the benefits of gliders?
A: Owning a nursery glider can have many benefits for you and your baby.
- Conserving Strength: As you go through your pregnancy, simple exercises can keep your circulation moving. From some mothers to be, even simple walks can be tiresome or even painful. With a nursery glider, the rocking motion can be a simple exercise you can use to keep your muscles active while at the same time conserving your strength for the delivery.
- Comfort After Delivery: After giving birth, you will need a comfortable space to support your body while you are still in recovery. Whether you have given a natural birth or via C-section, a glider will provide you a soft comfy space to breastfeed more easily. Between the angle and the cushions, as well as the rocking motion, using a nursery glider while you feed your baby will also help her feel relaxed in your arms just like in your womb.
- Reduce Muscle Strain: While holding your baby in your arms is one of the greatest moments of your life as a new parent, your arms will eventually get tired holding your child for extended periods of time. Having a nursery glider with a comfortable set of armrests will help ease your muscles. Between breastfeeding, bottle feeding or rocking your little one back to sleep, using the armrests will be something that you will learn to enjoy.
- Back Relief: Back pain is a very common issue that afflicts women who are expecting and those who have just given birth. For those gliders that come with an ottoman or a footrest, between the cushioned back support and the option to raise your feet off the ground slightly, using a nursery glider can help ease the back pain one is likely to experience.
- Health and Exercise: When you’re rocking in a nursery glider, the rocking action moves your body weight in different directions, helping you exert energy and help you lower your blood pressure as a result. It also assists in exercising your body, mind, and spirit, keeping you in a good frame of mind. The release of endorphins from using the glider can help you fight the effects of depression and sadness in your life while you rock your baby cradled in your arms. As a great option for parents who are sedentary, using a nursery glider offers a very low impact form of exercise for new mothers feeding their child. After birth, a new mom, who will very likely have their time occupied with late-night feedings, may not want to exercise right away. Using a glider keeps them moving without a lot of stress on their body.
- Varicose Veins: With its benefits that can help your cardiovascular system, there are many health professionals who recommend women at any age using a nursery glider to help prevent varicose veins.
Q: Which is better glider or rocker?
A: Most moms prefer gliders to rockers as gliders offer a smoother ride.
The two most common types of nursery chairs, namely rockers and gliders, differ in the way they move. A rocking chair rocks in an arc while a glider moves forward and backward. Some gliders also swivel. Many people say that they experience a smoother ride with a glider compared to a rocker. Plus, your toes don’t get trapped underneath. With gliders, an ottoman is also available to complete the design, however, it generally costs extra.
Q: Do I need a chair for breastfeeding?
A: A nursing chair will help you a lot during your breastfeeding sessions.
Between the angle and the cushions, as well as the rocking motion, using a nursery glider while you breastfeed your baby will help her feel relaxed in your arms. A comfortable set of armrests, on the other hand, will help ease your muscles that got tired holding your baby for long periods of time.
For those gliders that come with an ottoman or a footrest, between the cushioned back support and the option to raise your feet off the ground slightly, using a nursery glider can help ease the back pain you are likely to experience while breastfeeding if you are not in the right position.
My Babies Planet Overview
While there are a lot of different options on the market, choosing the best nursery glider for you and your little one comes down to preference and the features you are looking for. Having an idea of what you are looking for from a glider before you buy it can make your shopping experience a quick and easy one.
We hope that our list of the 10 Best Nursery Gliders in 2020 is able to give you some options to consider when deciding on a glider. While there are a lot of choices out there, we’re confident that the list we’ve provided you with will help you.
More Baby Reviews:
- Baby Thermometer
- Baby Sunscreen
- Baby Wipes
- Baby Food
- Baby Cribs
- Lightweight Stroller
- Jogging Stroller
- Umbrella Stroller
- Baby Toys
- Bottle Warmer